In June 2022, Edinburgh World Heritage launched a new neighbourhood focus approach targeting areas of the city that will benefit most from our grants and advice.
This new neighbourhood focus approach will build on our previous area-based work, and will maximise the community and public value of what we do.
If you are a property or business owner in or around the Canongate, Cowgate, South Bridge, Lothian Road/Tollcross, or Forrest Road you may be eligible for grants for conservation work, maintenance and energy efficiency improvements.
What are our Neighbourhood Focus aims?
By supporting neighbourhood areas with grants and conservation work we hope to:
- Empower communities to connect with and protect their heritage
- Improve the condition of buildings and restore the historic character of the area
- Make buildings more energy efficient through sensitive, visually-unobtrusive means
- Respond to local needs to make the area a better place to live and do business
Our offer to business owners and residents
- Grants and expert advice for the external conservation and repair of tenements, shops, and places of heritage or community value
- Grants for building maintenance
- Grants and advice for community public realm work such as interpretation, streetscape materials, historic railings and monuments
- Grants and expert advice for sensitive energy efficiency and climate change adaptation improvements
- Support for generating action on key local matters raised by residents and businesses
If you would like to know more about the topic above, please contact us directly.